Another Melbourne site for us, this time in the cleaning industry. A bit of a tough one because it’s not easy to get links to cleaning businesses, at least not genuine one. Top Shelf Cleaning is our latest Melbourne client and our job is to get them top 10 rankings for a variety of Melbourne cleaning searches.
- A site that is as useful and informative as possible.
- Inbound links. Hard to get them… I mean… sure… we could copy the competition and buy some guest blog posts but Matt Cutts from google says they are clamping down on that. Not seeing too much evidence of it… but eventually what Matt says comes to light so we must obey. Dirty tactics in the cleaning industry to get rankings is rife… but we are keeping it clean.
- Humor? People tend to link to funny sites so we are going with a humorous side of cleaning tactic…. For example this articles Stand to sit or Wee?
- Integration with Facebook. OK. I hear you…. Who is going to “like” a site about cleaning? Well… no one but the site owner, us, and a few family and friends… and people who like the funny articles, some clients… you’d be surprised. How about a $25 gift voucher for liking us on Facebook?
- Regional information… targeting the low hanging fruit as well as ensuring site content is thorough. It might be a while before we rank for “Melbourne Cleaning” but “Fitzroy Cleaning” might be achievable quickly, as will other suburbs.
Anyway, watch this space. Page one Google for Melbourne Cleaner and Melbourne Cleaning the target